David Guetta Plays Electronic Daisy Carnival

David Guetta, one of the world’s most well-known electronic music DJ’s, says he wants to return to Las Vegas every year.

The Grammy winning house music producer headlined on the second day of the Las Vegas debut of Electric Daisy Carnival, or EDC, a three-day all-night dance music festival. His set included the single, “Where Them Girls At,” featuring Flo-Rida and Nicki Minaj, from his upcoming studio album “Nothing But the Beat,” which will be released August 30.


Guetta is known for merging electronic with other music genres like pop and urban, collaborating with star artists like Snoop Dogg and Akon. His last album sold more than 3 million copies. Spinning atop Kinetic Field at EDC, he told the crowd, “Our music is taking over!”
Before his 1:30 a.m. set began on Kinetic Field, the main stage at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, he answered some questions from Speakeasy about his music, EDC and the industry.

The Wall Street Journal: Do you think this mix and match between different genres is helping electronic music come under more people’s radar?

David Guetta: Obviously, yes, and I think not only that but it has also changed the sound of American pop music. I’m pretty amazed, I didn’t imagine it was going to become so big, to be honest. That mix between urban and electronic — it’s funny because they used to be these two communities that were almost enemies. It’s funny, but it’s very positive, too, because now everybody’s together. I think that’s wonderful.

What do you think about Electric Daisy Carnival being moved to Las Vegas this year? It seems to be transforming into a very important city for electronic music.

I think it’s a very, very good thing for Vegas. I’m very happy about it because as much as there’s a lot of DJ’s being booked here in Vegas lately, the culture is still not 100% and I think this type of event will really educate people about our music. I feel like a lot of people come to Vegas to see the best magic show, then to see the best DJ. But EDC…I think it’s the first real electronic music event I’ve done here.

What do you think about the variety of the music that’s featured at EDC?

That’s what it’s about, it’s about having different sounds, and I think it’s really interesting for people coming here but it’s also interesting for me. Because you know, I’m a headliner but I’m also a fan. So I can go and listen to the other DJ’s, and I love it.

source: blogs.wsj.com
David Guetta Plays Electronic Daisy Carnival David Guetta Plays Electronic Daisy Carnival Reviewed by afree on 3:40 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.