Pia Toscano: Moving forward I would definitely go in the pop genre with an R&B influence

The day after her elimination, Toscano spoke to the press about her future and dropped a bit of a bombshell, revealing that she is considering doing an R&B influenced album. This is surprising, since she stuck to diva-like ballads during her time on the show and was voted off after attempting Tina Turner’s upbeat ‘River Deep, Mountain High.’ 
Toscano said, “Moving forward I would definitely go in the pop genre with an R&B influence. I definitely want to have those big, power ballads as well as those dance hits.” It looks like Toscano is not afraid of challenging herself and that she has learned a lot from her ‘Idol’ experience.

Ballads were certainly Toscano’s strength, as well as her comfort zone, on the show. Judge Randy Jackson warns singers to avoid singing songs by Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. However, Toscano didn’t heed his advice on the show, saying, “I like to challenge myself, and I like to take risks. Those are singers that I’ve grown up listening to, so I just tried my best with them, and they went over well. So I’m just thankful that everybody enjoyed my performances.”
Pia Toscano: Moving forward I would definitely go in the pop genre with an R&B influence Pia Toscano: Moving forward I would definitely go in the pop genre with an R&B influence Reviewed by afree on 7:34 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.